Hollow shape forming mill
Fives developed a new technology OTO HSU (hollow shape universal forming mill).
OTO HSU tube mill is designed to produce square and rectangular tubes for the construction industry and furniture applications. The mill produces hollow shape tubes through direct forming, skipping the traditional step of constructing round tubes and then squaring them.
The range of products can vary from a minimum size of 20x20 to a maximum size of 140x140mm within a range of four mills, with a maximum production speed of 120m/min. OTO HSU tube mills can be custom engineered for larger sizes and thickness.
OTO HSU line composition
- Entry equipment
- Mill with forming stands that allowing for strip bending at precise angles for the first bend and second bend
- High-frequency welding stand
- Scarfing unit
- Cooling section
- Sizing section
- Straightening unit
- Cut-off unit
- Packaging system
OTO HSU technology's main benefits
- Lower production cost: 3-4% material saving
- Very precise control of the corner radius
- Frequent production changes without a roll change: possibility to produce small lots of final products
- Robust design
- Very fast changeover
- Reduced investment: no requirement for different types of rolls and additional floor space for roll storage
- Very high automation level: minimized operator tuning