Taylor-Wilson bevelers & facers - pipe end finishing
Pipe end finishing
Fives produces a variety of Taylor-Wilson end finishing machines all over the world, providing facing, deburring and end profiling for a wide range of seamless and welded tube mills.
Taylor-Wilson pipe finishers operate in different modes and also accommodate varying lengths, thicknesses and ranges.
With a focus on both flexibility and design excellence, we provide the right machine and control system for each customer’s requirements.
While most end facing operations can be effectively accomplished with a single head machine, Fives recognized the need for improved productivity associated with high-speed cutting lines. We engineered a twin head-facing machine for those special applications.
- Set up time is reduced by incorporating remote, computer-driven automatic tool setting with hydraulic tool block clamps and powered diameter adjustments
- The machine is built on electronic elevating jack base for vertical adjustment to accommodate varying tube O.D.
- Top opening pipe clamps and separate alignment stations reduce cycle time
- Fully automatic equipment operation provided by state-of-the-art Level 1 or Level 2 interface
- The machines utilize dry carbide cutting tools with surface cutting speeds of up to 200 meters per minute (approximately 600 fpm)
- High-output, double-headed machine layouts, utilizing walking beam transfer can be custom designed for high-speed finishing lines
- Outside diameter chamfers can be tailored to the customer’s requirements via automation package
- Can offer various material handling alternatives
- Superior machine stability due to the fixed-head center height design reduces tool chatter and vibration, thus improving surface finish
- The pipe is firmly held by hydraulic clamps to reduce tool vibration and provide outstanding surface finish
- Heavy duty design ensures long life and low maintenance even in arduous steel mill environments
- Crop manipulator robot to remove the heavy cut crop, with automatic deposit into a crushing press for compact scrap storage
- Crushing press for crush testing of ERW product
- Chip conveyor system with scrap chute and bucket
- Front and back stop gauges for cutting exact pipe lengths