Taylor-Wilson bevelers & facers - pipe end finishing
Pipe end finishing
Fives produces a variety of Taylor-Wilson end finishing machines all over the world, providing facing, deburring and end profiling for a wide range of seamless and welded tube mills.
Taylor-Wilson pipe finishers operate in different modes and also accommodate varying lengths, thicknesses and ranges.
With a focus on both flexibility and design excellence, we provide the right machine and control system for each customer’s requirements.
While most end facing operations can be effectively accomplished with a single head machine, Fives recognized the need for improved productivity associated with high-speed cutting lines. We engineered a twin head-facing machine for those special applications.
- Set up time is reduced by incorporating remote, computer-driven automatic tool setting with hydraulic tool block clamps and powered diameter adjustments
- The machine is built on electronic elevating jack base for vertical adjustment to accommodate varying tube O.D.
- Top opening pipe clamps and separate alignment stations reduce cycle time
- Fully automatic equipment operation provided by state-of-the-art Level 1 or Level 2 interface
- The machines utilize dry carbide cutting tools with surface cutting speeds of up to 200 meters per minute (approximately 600 fpm)
- High-output, double-headed machine layouts, utilizing walking beam transfer can be custom designed for high-speed finishing lines
- Outside diameter chamfers can be tailored to the customer’s requirements via automation package
- Can offer various material handling alternatives
- Superior machine stability due to the fixed-head center height design reduces tool chatter and vibration, thus improving surface finish
- The pipe is firmly held by hydraulic clamps to reduce tool vibration and provide outstanding surface finish
- Heavy duty design ensures long life and low maintenance even in arduous steel mill environments
- Crop manipulator robot to remove the heavy cut crop, with automatic deposit into a crushing press for compact scrap storage
- Crushing press for crush testing of ERW product
- Chip conveyor system with scrap chute and bucket
- Front and back stop gauges for cutting exact pipe lengths
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here