Bronx & Taylor-Wilson pipe cut-off
Fives designs pipe cut-off equipment based on a multitude of variables, including:
- O.D. Variations - can accommodate pipe and tube with O.D. ranges of less than 12mm (0.5 inches) to over 660mm (26 inches) and crop lengths from a facing cut to 1 meter (approximately 3 feet).
- Operating method - can operate in various mode - fully automatic; automatic with manual pipe position override; semi-automatic; and manual.
- Throughput requirements - can improve productivity with multiple head facing machines, as well as customized material handling system.
- Pipe lengths - can accommodate any length variation, as well as properly cut random lengths.
- Wall thickness - can accommodate essentially any wall thickness required.
Design excellence - cut-offs
Our rugged machines are specially adapted for cutting line pipe, casing, tubing, roller bearing and coupling stock. Each machine is capable of cutting a broad range of sizes, saving floor spaces, as well as eliminating the need for additional equipment:
- Our design incorporates a rotating product and stationary tool cutting method
- Bronx and Taylor-Wilson products design includes operations previously performed by a typical end facing machine alone
- Automatic ream and chamfer assembly, which can conform to the O.D. or I.D. of the pipe, or cut to a reference center line
- Universal chuckling assembly, which handles a range of pipe diameters per tooling set
- Standard operating pipe chuckling assembly, which requires a tooling change for each size, has a built-in pipe tolerance of +/- 5.5mm (0.2 inches) - the chuck opening is approximately 38mm (1.5 inches) over the nominal pipe diameter
- Large main drive motors allow cutting with two tools, each with a wide carbide insert; providing long tool wear life at cutting speeds over 200 surface meters per minute (approximately 600 fpm)