Fives designs a range of straightening equipment - six roll straightener & ten roll straightening machines - that deliver compelling solutions to the market that make your tube finishing equipment line the most efficient.
Ten roll straightening machines
To accommodate special straightening applications, Fives designs a range of Bronx ten roll machines. These straighteners include custom-built machines to suit individual requirements and provide straightening solutions for virtually any size and material composition.
The Bronx machines have some distinctive features, accomplishing a set up with relative ease to achieve the required straightness for your product.
- Roll angles are quickly and easily adjusted to provide line contact with the tube surface over the maximum effective roll profile.
- Set up time is minimized though our patented COMPASS (computer aided setting system)
- Hydraulic lift mechanism on the roll entry automatically adjusts roll position to prevent damaging tube ends.
- A range of heavy-duty style machines provide enhanced rigidity, with consistent straightness and roundness.
- The COMPASS software package can be customized to provide management, maintenance and quality control information,including: calibration and wear compensation; maintenance information; fault finding; and mimic flow diagrams.
- Unique design allows thin walled tube to be straightened accurately without surface blemishes.
- The ability to straighten at speeds up to 200 meters per minute (approximately 600 fpm).
- Hydraulic lift mechanism with sensor automatically adjusts rolls to accept upset pipe.
- Pressure sensing units may be fitted on each roll to provide an accurate indication of the pressure applied to the tube.
- The drives are set in the back of the machine, away from the operator.
- The machine operator has a complete view of the straightening process from the operating console.