Bronx section straighteners
Fives has been designing Bronx section straighteners for more than 60 years. The Bronx section straighteners are available in a wide range of sizes (with roll centres from 120mm up to 1800mm) to accommodate all section types, such as rounds, squares, hexagons, flats, angles, bulbs, channels, I-beams, H-beams etc. The technology possess high throughput speeds of up to 240 meters per minute, depending upon machine type, product size and application.
Bronx machines include:
- Fixed-centre section straighteners
- Variable-centre section straighteners
- Two-plane section straighteners
- Between housing section straighteners
Bronx section straightener main features:
- High degree of surface straightness and finish; high-speed straightening options
- Fully automatic and mortised operation.
- Compass automatic setting system (COMPASS), enables work rolls and feed/discharge pinch rolls to be set from the HMI screen, located at the operator's control desk.
- Improved work roll life and condition, due to the use of through-hardened heat treatment processes.
- Advanced work roll technology, ensuring greater line contact between the roll profile and product, providing greater straightness.
- Work rolls can be re-profiled a number of times, before replacement becomes necessary.
- Individual adjustment of all work roll axes, so that settings can be optimised, for any given bar size, within the capacity of the machine.
- Optimized quantity of work rolls for any given straightening application.
- Easy access to work rolls for inspection and removal, as necessary.
- Easy removal of scale.
- Custom-built to suit individual client requirements and bespoke workshop layouts.
Bronx fixed-centre section straighteners
The Bronx fixed-centre straightener is a general purpose machine, capable of processing an extensive range of section styles, within an in-line or offline environment. Work rolls can be designed to process most customer requirements.
Ship builder puts trust in Bronx straightening equipment
Leading cruise ship builder Meyer Turku, Finland, contracted Fives to design and deliver a fully automated and motorized Bronx 13-roll straightening machine to straighten bulb sections up to 220mm wide. The bulb sections in question feature heavily in the construction of cruise ships, ferries and special vessels and will form part of a profile preservation line. This was the customer’s second order in four years for a Bronx straightening machine.
Bronx variable-centre section straighteners
Bronx variable-centre section straighteners are designed for processes that require the flexibility to straighten with a wider range of sections than would be possible with a fixed centre machine. The variable centre on the Bronx machine 11/18, for example, has centres variable between 1140mm and 1780mm and is used to straighten a variety of rolled steel sections and angles up to very heavy sheet piles and large beams.
Bronx two-plane section straighteners
Bronx two-plane section straighteners often used for straightening round, square and hexagonal material where the sections can be straightened on two planes, but in one pass. Material is often presented to the machine in cut lengths, but can also be processed from coil. Straighteners come available in manual or fully automatic, fully motorised format.
Bronx between housings section straighteners
In the Bronx between housings section straighteners the rolls are mounted between the housings, which enables the machine to have shorter roll centres and therefore handle a larger range of sections than would normally be possible. These Bronx machines have been specifically designed for the straightening of billets in steel mills.
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.