Bronx rail straighteners
For rail applications, straighteners are required to straighten the steel product both horizontally and vertically. Bronx rail straighteners therefore comprise a horizontal-axis straightening machine and a vertical-axis straightening machine, together with all necessary electrical and hydraulic equipment. The installation can process rails of 52m long at a rate of 60 pcs/hour, and rails of 104m long at 30 pcs/hour.
Bronx rail straightener main features:
- Heavy duty machine design, comprising of a horizontal and vertical banks of rollers. Excellent product straightness obtained due to machine rigidity.
- Individual drive provided to each work roll in order to optimise speed control.
- Compass automatic setting system (COMPASS), enables work rolls and feed/discharge pinch rolls to be set from the HMI screen, located at the operator's control desk.
- Improved work roll life and condition, due to the use of through-hardened heat treatment processes. Larger diameter rollers also reduce residual stresses within each roller.
- High-speed straightening options available, in order to cope with high production demands.
- Specialised turnover style handling equipment available to work in conjunction with a straightening machine.
- Custom-built to suit individual client requirements and bespoke workshop layouts.
Designed to customer specifications from the very start
All Fives’ straightening machines are designed and supplied in accordance with customer requirements. In fact, the Russian holding company EVRAZ and Fives developed together the first rail straightening machines to fulfil orders for the group’s Nizhny Tagil Metallurgical plant (NTMK) and its Novokuznetsk Iron and Steel Plant (NKMK), both in Russia. The two companies worked together to design this new technology to be capable of straightening in two directions, utilizing Fives’ equipment know-how and the customer’s specialism in rail and beam processing.
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here